After going through the stress and emotional upheaval of losing your jewellery, by theft or accident, the last thing you need is to:
- Have to describe and guess the value of your jewellery for police reports.
- Have to describe and guess the value of your jewellery for assessors.
- Have to find jewellers who will do replacement quotes.
- Have to describe and guess the value of your jewellery for replacement quotes.
- Have to dispute descriptions and values.
- Try to find proof of ownership.
- Wait months to complete the process.
Jewellery is unlike any other item you may have to claim. A chain or ring could be worth anything depending on the descriptive details you have. If you do not have this information, every stage of your claim will involve nothing more than a best guess. The value and success of your jewellery claim will be determined by how well you can describe your items, verify the value and how well you can support your claim with accurate information.
Some people store information and images of their jewellery on their computer for use in the event of a loss. You would be shocked to learn how many people have their computer stolen as well and find they now have no information.
Your Jewelscan jewellery report and valuation gives you:
- Secure storage of your jewellery information on our server at a secure location.
- Your information, available to you 24 hours a day.
- Your proof of ownership, detailed description and current value
- Immediate full detail and image reports for the police.
- Item details and images are immediately available to your insurer.
- Item details and images are immediately available for replacement quoting.
- Item values that are re-assessed every year and are current at the time of loss.
- Eliminate being under or over insured.
- Eliminate any possibility of disputes.
- Dramatically reduce the claim processing time.
- Clear, simply reporting systems that can be printed or emailed.
- Your descriptions and images will assist police with recovery.
- Significant time and cost savings.
- User friendly systems.
Most people do not realise that likelihood of having their jewellery stolen is very high. Police statistics show that 3% of all homes are broken into every year. Therefore in any 10 year period, 1 in every 3 homes have been broken into on average and the number 1 item stolen is jewellery.
Do not have your jewellery insurance claim settled on the basis of a best guess. Make sure you have the information you need and the expert support of Jewelscan when you need it.